We’re all well aware that time is money, and anyone who’s serious about Getting Things Done knows all about the importance of time management… and that’s where Microsoft Office 365 (and this month’s guide) can really help!
Most of us find ourselves struggling to keep up with our to-do lists, especially in this digital age of information overload.
Look online and you can find lots of tried and tested time management tips, like:
- Plan your day before you start, so you can work out which tasks to focus on before the hours run away with you.
- Get the grotty jobs out of the way first, so you don’t waste time putting them off.
- Delegate everything except your greatest strengths. Focus on the stuff you’re best at and pass the rest to someone else. A good way of thinking is this. As the key person leading a team, here’s a good phrase to burn into your mind… you should only do, what only you can do.
- Set a timer for specific tasks. It’s amazing how quickly we can get through jobs when the sands are trickling through the glass. Breaking up your day into specific tasks will help you steam through them. This is called chunking.
- Have a clear leaving time. When you set yourself a firm cut-off point, you’re more likely to focus on the important tasks you have to get done.
Following these simple tips can make a huge difference to your productivity, but you’re still only human.
Microsoft Office 365 is here to help!
Thankfully, our friends at Microsoft have come up with many ways to get people working more efficiently, all nicely tied up within their Office 365 suite of products.
The benefits of moving to Office 365 have been well documented for a while now. This all-singing, all dancing business software now has more than 120 million active users around the world, with 50,000 small businesses signing up every month.
Fans love it because not only does it allow them to use all their familiar Office packages on the go, it can do wonders for productivity.
But just like all new bits of tech (go on, be honest – when was the last time you really studied every article in a help centre?) you probably won’t know about all its productivity boosting powers.
To find out more about the 21 ways that Office 365 can help you and your team, simply click through to this month’s quick read guide to learn more!
There’s nothing we don’t know about using IT to Get Things Done, and we’re all about finding solutions that save our clients time and money. So, if you’d like to discuss the above in more detail, or have any other IT related questions, please feel free to give us a call on 020 72 41 22 55 or fill out our contact form and we’ll quickly get back to you.