Do you like working in a flexible working environment, and being part of a friendly team? If so you may be the person we are looking for!
See our current vacancies below.
1st Line Engineer
(salary c. 31-33K depending on experience)
Do you enjoy helping people with their IT challenges? Great! That’s what this first-line engineer role is all about.
- Enjoy talking on the phone and in person.
- Being a great communicator,
- Being a great listener,
- Problem solving,
- Ability to prioritise.
The aim of this first-line engineer role is to provide fantastic customer service and develop your and the team’s technical capability. This may well be your first role where you can show your tech knowledge. Being part of a fast-moving team will help to accelerate this.
N.B. This is an office-based role and are looking for someone with no more than a 45- minute commute to our office in London N4. We are 1 minute from Manor House Underground Station.
- Dealing with incoming phone calls.
- Dispatch incoming tickets to tech team members.
- Dealing with tickets in Autotask (our business management platform/CRM).
- Performing fixes via remote management tools.
- Documenting processes and procedures in our knowledge base.
- Monitoring back-ups and scan events to check for irregularities.
- Manual servicing of machines as and when needed/scheduled.
- Demonstrate a commitment to self-learning.
- Undertake Microsoft/industry vocational exams and attend online courses.
The skillset for an MSP is broad. You may not have everything on the list below, but these are the kind of skills we are looking for.
- MSP experience.
- Knowledge of ticketing systems, PSAs, RMMs.
- Working knowledge Microsoft 365 and Google Workspace administration.
- Windows 10/11 desktop and above knowledge/expertise.
- Windows server knowledge/ability.
- Mac OSX knowledge/ability.
- TCP/IP, DNS, internet domains.
- Communicative, have the ability to convey tech in English.
- Good with people: face-to-face, on the phone or via email.
- Well organised AND good at organising.
- Team player.
- Energetic, tenacious and trustworthy.
- Eager to consolidate experience and progress in the company.
- Sharp! Good problem solver.
- Someone with a mature approach to tasks and learning.
- Any Microsoft or other tech qualifications would be advantageous.
ITGUYS is a growing IT Support company (we call ourselves a Managed Services Provider or MSP) in North London, supporting interesting and varied businesses. You can read more here.
- Flexible and supportive working environment.
- Progression as you and the business grow.
- Working with a fun team: good sense of humour.
- Social events (online or in person when possible).
- Opportunity to make your mark in a growing business.
- Competitive salary.
- Training and development opportunities.
- An opportunity to potentially grow into a more senior role.
(First ninety days)
- Introduction to the team.
- What services we provide?
- Training on our ITGUYS stack/systems.
- Shadow senior techs and watch them support clients.
- Swap around so that a senior tech shadow you to improve quality/confidence.
- Accompany senior tech to perform support onsite at clients and once proficient, you will attend client sites yourself.
- As you grow into the role, you will have the dispatch role: allotting tickets to the team.
- Training: take and pass Microsoft and other industry exams (courses and exams to be funded by ITGUYS).
- As you continue in your time at ITGUYS, promotion opportunities will become available.
The type of person you are as important as the skills you have or are striving to reach. As such, our recruitment procedure is not standard.
To register your interest in being considered for this position, email firstname.lastname@example.org and tell me (in no more than 500 words) why you think might be the perfect candidate. Please also attach a copy of your CV.