As companies explore or adopt a four-day working week, it’s essential to consider the implications for IT security.
Using personal phones for work can pose security risks that cyber criminals exploit. Our experts offer advice on addressing this vulnerability effectively.
- Establish clear guidelines for personal device use at work and educate employees about potential risks, such as phishing and malware attacks.
- Implement a mobile device management (MDM) solution for secure access to work applications and data on personal smartphones.
- Encourage regular device and application updates to patch security vulnerabilities.
- Train employees to identify and report suspicious emails and messages to minimize the risk of falling victim to phishing attempts.
- Conduct regular security audits to identify and address IT infrastructure weaknesses.
Remember, a four-day week should not compromise IT security.
Also inside this month:
- Microsoft 365 supports more flexible working hours
- Could ‘Edge flags’ improve your browsing experience?
- Don’t waste money on unused software licences