The Institute of Measurement and Control (InstMC) is a membership-based charity for engineers based in measurement control and automation.
When we first started working with them, we identified risks in having an in-house IT manager.
- Single point of failure
- Risks of tech knowledge especially around cybersecurity
They were also working with an old failing office-based server – and wanted guidance on how to move to the cloud.
As a result of their lack of confidence in how things were, they were keen to develop a long-term partnership with an IT support company that wanted to proactively engage with them.
Some areas they wanted advice on included their CRM system and website.
After the audit and discovery process ITGUYS provided the Institute with a costed, prioritised and time-based roadmap so the management team could make an informed decision on the next steps.
Core steps included:
- Migrated data to SharePoint (part of Microsoft 365).
- Optimised and secured their M365 environment.
- Supported migration of CRM to Azure before migrating to a newer (and better) CRM.
- Simplified data access.
- Removed server and its associated costs.
- Enhanced data security
- Easy-access support for their team
Regular tech business reviews highlight future developments and plans. Currently, the team are going through a security-aware training program to help the organisation from cyber-attacks.